Learn Detailed Information About Buffalo Hump Non-Surgical Treatment
Post Date: November 23, 2022
The hump behind your shoulder, also known as a buffalo hump, can develop when the access amount of fat is gathered in one particular area of your body. In this, the joints in the upper back become stiff, the neck develops a forward head posture where the chin protrudes away from the neck, and the head is positioned forward of our shoulders. It can make your posture look unaligned and reduce your confidence, especially while standing. For its treatment, it is better to learn about buffalo hump symptoms and causes before moving on to the treatment options:
Symptoms of Neck Hump or Causes of Neck Hump May Include:
- Buildup of fat between the shoulder blades
- Excess weight around face
- Stretch marks
It is also common for those with a Neck Hump to experience:
- Excess hair growth
- Thinning skin
- Delayed wound healing
- Flushing of the skin
- Elevated glucose levels
- High blood pressure
- Abnormal lipid levels
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Excessive thirst
- Neurological changes
- Decreased libido
Causes Of Neck Hump
- High levels of cortisol can cause an increase in fat synthesis. Cortisol is a naturally occurring hormone involved in various bodily processes, such as metabolism. The access to this hormone in your body can also be a cause of neck hump. As many glucocorticoid medications raise the level of cortisol in the body
- Moreover, there is a disease that is known as Madelung. It is a rare disease that causes fat to deposit in certain body areas, such as behind/in between your shoulders.
- At last, obesity can also be a cause of this disease. An access amount of fat accumulation in a particular section of the body is likely associated with obesity.
Treatment of Buffalo Hump:
- Eating a healthy diet that includes calcium and vitamin D., Which play a significant role in strengthening bones, can also help.
- Moreover, Exercise and low-impact activities such as practicing water sports might help.
- Losing weight can also help in reducing fat accumulation due to obesity.
- Hot baths to ease joint and muscle pain associated with neck hump.
- Massage can be quite beneficial in terms of a buffalo hump non-surgical treatment. You can use a massage device to perform this at home. The most effective one is the neck hump massage device. It works with ultrasonic technology that penetrates deeper into your skin to dissolve the access amount of fat.
Exercises for buffalo hump:
- Shoulder rolls: One of the most straightforward exercises you can practice anytime, anywhere you want. You just need to stand or sit up, whatever you prefer, straight with your arms at your sides. Then roll your shoulders 12 times and backward 12 times. After that, pause for a while, then repeat these three more times.
- Cat pose: You are likely familiar with a cat pose. In this pose, you have to release stiffness in the back and stretch out your chest, leaving you in a more upright position. You can practice this by putting your hand on your knees. After that, exhale your tailbone under, drop your head, and round your back towards the ceiling, pressing down through your palms to do so. Hold for a second, then repeat this 12 times.
- Chin tucks: It is another easy stretching routine that requires you to stretch out the muscle at the back of your neck while working the muscle at the front. To do this, drop your chin, push it into your neck, and lift it back up. Repeat this 12 times, take the rest, and process it three more times.
Hence, these are the highly effective buffalo hump neck treatment options that can give you relief from a hunched back so that you can stand straight and feel more confident about your physical appearance.